Marsh Island is a gated, homeowner controlled, residential community and private marina located in Vero Beach, Florida.
Situated between the Intracoastal and Indian River Lagoon, 1/2 mile from the Atlantic, this enchanting island offers spectacular river views and award-winning architecture in incomparable surroundings. The community is convenient to beaches, restaurants, shopping, cultural events, and recreational activities.
Marsh Island has panoramic views like no other community.
Every home site has unique exposure: the northern view overlooking the Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge and Intracoastal Waterway; the eastern exposure with its spectacular sunrises and commanding views of the parade of boats passing by; the convenient, marina-side location, enabling residents to step from their porches directly onto their boats; a western exposure to enjoy the magnificent sunsets and watch an array of boating, Kayaking, and fishing activity
Residents can take a stroll along the private boardwalk to a Community Gazebo on the edge of the intracoastal or walk over to the neighboring Environmental Learning Center. Sandy beaches are a quick bike ride away. And the rich fishing grounds of the Gulf Stream and the Bahama Bank are easily accessible by boat. For those with boats, there are quite a few nice waterfront restaurants nearby which have dock facilities for diners. In addition, there are lots of good fishing, picnicking and sightseeing areas that can be visited by boat.
Located next to the marina and the lakefront preserve, the Marsh Island Clubhouse provides architectural inspiration for the remainder of the community. In a style which pays homage to Florida's unique heritage with a turn-of-the-century design, the clubhouse carefully integrates the finest coastal Florida building style with a plantation feel. From wide light-filled raised porches to exquisitely detailed rafter tails, ceiling fans, and high pitch roofs, the clubhouse affords the residents of this private island a quiet spot to savor river life. The clubhouse is owned free and clear by the Marsh Island Homeowners’ Association and is available to any resident to hold private functions as well as simply to use for spontaneous moments of rest and relaxation. From time to time, the Homeowners’ Association will hold special functions for residents to meet with one another and enjoy the spectacular surroundings.
The community is surrounded by a beautiful conservation preserve which is owned and maintained by the Homeowners’ Association. It is home to many different species of native Florida plants and flowers, as well as an abundance of colorful birds. Beyond the conservation area it is not at all unusual to see pelicans, dolphins, osprey and other wildlife in and around the water.
- 32 residential properties, all with water views
- A state-of-the-art deep-water 32-slip marina
- A magnificent private clubhouse for use by residents
- More than 10 acres of beautiful conservation preserve which surrounds the community
- An interior island saltwater lake where fish, birds and other sea life can often be seen.
- Exceptionally high quality homes which are built in accordance with very high standards as provided by the community’s Architectural Review Committee
- A Kayak launching dock and Kayaks for use by residents
- A Boardwalk which meanders through a natural preserve and a Gazebo located at the southeastern tip of the Island for picnicking and viewing boats going by on the Intracoastal Waterway
- A well-water irrigation system which is available to all residences for yard watering and which eliminates the necessity of using costly and scarce water from the public water utility